News & Updates
We will keep you up to date!
More than a Connection between Shopfloor and Topfloor - iScan for the Digitization, Acquisition & Management of Warehouse and Production Data
An example from practical experience
iScan PVK (product shipping labeling) as part of the iScan product family is used internationally for product and shipping labeling at one of the world's largest manufacturers of styrenic plastics.
The globally positioned manufacturer of styrenic plastics with around 3,600 employees produces plastics for everyday products in various industries, for example automotive, electronics, construction, household, leisure, packaging, medical and health.
The iScan PVK module is currently used at three locations in North America and at one location in Asia. iScan is also used at various locations in Europe in different configurations. At the German sites, both the iScan PDM (production data management) and the iScan WMS (warehouse management) modules are being used.
Initial situation & target
In the past, the North American sites used label printing software that was outdated and in some cases no longer supported. The existing solution was to be replaced by modern digital software.
All sites should be provided, installed and trained exclusively via "remote".
Time and cost savings due to "remote" commissioning
Both the installation of iScan PVK and the commissioning and user training were realized "remotely".
In the future, maintenance work can also be carried out at any time from a single location - resulting in enormous time and cost savings overall.
More than a connection between shopfloor and topfloor - a global success story
The solution is characterized by easy handling, high transparency of goods movements, product & batch traceability and a direct SAP® connection.
The major benefit for the customer results from the standardized SAP® interface at all sites and the processes that are mapped via this interface. The standard enables the company to equip further sites with iScan.
The iScan "Core Features" in an overview:
- Transfer of master data from the ERP system
- Guidance of the plant operator through the entire production process
- Recording of all production steps
- Automatic value transfer, target lists, tolerance checks
- Recipe calculation/management
- Feedback of produced goods/quantities (good goods, goods not conforming to type, rejects) and consumptions
- Complete recording of goods movements
- Grouping according to storage locations, material and batches
- Access to / transfer of data from the ERP system
- Tool for permanent and key date inventory
Customer testimonial from Business Process Manager Production & Quality Management
"iScan has a long history and perhaps a never-ending story as it continues to grow and become a global success," says the Business Process Manager Production & Quality Management, with a big smile on his face.
"I think the sentence that really hits the mark is: "iMes not only talks about solutions, but also delivers them"[...].
"With iScan, we have delivered a customized solution that can be deployed internationally, that meets individual requirements, and that leads to an overall harmonization of our internal processes. No matter when or where we have brought iMes and our company together, it has always been a great success."
- Global solution for product and shipment labeling
- Simple and secure SAP® connection
- Standardized in-house infrastructure and business processes
- Complete installation, commissioning and key user/application training "remotely"