News & Updates
We will keep you up to date!
Company from the Food Industry with its Focus on Organic Muesli Products relies on iMes Solutions' Digitization Technology.
Traceability and transparency in the production process
For more than 30 years, the company, based in the Upper Bavarian region, has been committed to the production and distribution of organic food. Particular attention is paid to sustainability, including social and economic aspects..
>> Initial situation
In partially automated production, many processes are still recorded and documented manually. For each end product, important parameters such as weight, moisture, volume, etc. are recorded manually. Errors are inevitable in this process.
Research and data preparation for internal and external audits are usually very time-consuming. Traceability is also difficult in the event of quality problems.
A central software solution is to be provided for the automated storage and evaluation of data, e.g. from Siemens WinCC or metal detectors. This should simplify plant management and make it more transparent. In the future, the collected production data will be available ad hoc for reporting and audits. Above all, quality management is to be supported and relieved in the area of audit preparation.
>> Project targets & requirements in detail:
- Central software solution for quality and process data storage
- Guidance of plant operators by intuitive and user-friendly software
- Process automation: workflows depending on specific events, e.g. metal detector results
- Complete batch traceability
- Relevant information, e.g. for audits, should be available ad hoc
- Automated reporting, e.g. daily and weekly reports for production and quality management
- Alarm and event recording: All events in the production line should be documented and made evaluable.
>> Technical challenges
Complete integration into the Siemens WinCC world
Creation of complex workflows for process automation: e.g. metal detector events are documented automatically and are available for ad hoc audits
Centralized and automated reporting: consolidation of production-relevant information provided by different sources
>> Decision for the iMes Solutions GmbH
- The user friendly and intuitive web solution from iMes Solutions GmbH meets all the company's requirements.
- The Plant Historian shift book software is coupled with the OPC server and, for example, automatically creates an ACTUAL/TARGET comparison of the product used during each weighing process and identifies any difference.
- The shift book solution is fully integrated into the Siemens WinCC world. A button opens the dialog in the browser window and the input fields are automatically filled in advance.
- The shift book solution is also available as an add-on in the Siemens Industry Mall.
The shift book software solution provided by the iMes Solutions GmbH is characterized by its complete integration into the Siemens WinCC world. It supports paperless working in all areas of production and quality management. This reduces the time required for recording, reporting and research, increases process quality and reliability and reduces costs. As a special advantage for its platform-independent use, the software solution can be used equally in the Windwos, Android and iOS world.